Spasticity Treatment in Jaipur
REQUEST A CALL BACK
What is Spasticity?
Spasticity is a muscle control disorder that is characterized by tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles. In addition, reflexes may persist for too long and may be too strong (hyperactive reflexes). For example, an infant with a hyperactive grasp reflex may keep his or her hand in a tight fist.
What Are the Symptoms of Spasticity?
- Increased muscle tone
- Overactive reflexes
- Involuntary movements, which may include spasms (brisk and/or sustained involuntary muscle contraction) and clonus (series of fast involuntary contractions)
- Decreased functional abilities and delayed motor development
- The difficulty with care and hygiene
- Abnormal posture
- Contractures (permanent contraction of the muscle and tendon due to severe persistent stiffness and spasms)
- Bone and joint deformities