Frozen Shoulder Pain Treatment In Jaipur
REQUEST A CALL BACK
What Is a Frozen Shoulder?
Frozen shoulder is a condition that affects your shoulder joint. It usually involves pain and stiffness that develops gradually, gets worse and then finally goes away. This can take anywhere from a year to 3 years.
Your shoulder is made up of three bones that form a ball-and-socket joint. They are your upper arm (humerus), shoulder blade (scapula), and collarbone (clavicle). There’s also tissue surrounding your shoulder joint that holds everything together. This is called the shoulder capsule.
The main symptoms of a frozen shoulder are pain and stiffness that make it difficult or impossible to move it.
If you have frozen shoulder, you’ll likely feel a dull or achy pain in one shoulder. You might also feel the pain in the shoulder muscles that wrap around the top of your arm. You might feel the same sensation in your upper arm. Your pain could get worse at night, which can make it hard to sleep.
You’ll typically go through three phases with a frozen shoulder. Each has its own unique symptoms and timeline.
- You develop a pain (sometimes severe) in your shoulder any time you move it.
- It slowly gets worse over time and may hurt more at night.
- This can last anywhere from 6 to 9 months.
- You’re limited in how far you can move your shoulder.
- Your pain might get better but your stiffness gets worse.
- Moving your shoulder becomes more difficult and it becomes harder to get through daily activities.
- This stage can last 4-12 months.
- Your range of motion starts to go back to normal.
- This can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.