Knee Pain Treatment in Jaipur
REQUEST A CALL BACK
What is knee pain?
Knee pain is a common problem that can originate in any of the bony structures compromising the knee joint (femur, tibia, fibula), the kneecap (patella), or the ligaments and cartilage (meniscus) of the knee. Knee pain can be aggravated by exercise, affected by the surrounding muscles and their movements, and be triggered by other problems (such as a foot injury). Knee pain can affect people of all ages, and home remedies can be helpful unless it becomes severe.
What are knee pain symptoms and signs?
The location of the knee pain can vary depending on which structure is involved. With infection or an inflammatory process, the whole knee might be swollen and painful, while a torn meniscus or fracture of a bone gives symptoms only in one specific location. A Baker cyst will usually cause pain in the back of the knee.
The severity of the joint pain can vary, from a minor ache to a severe and disabling pain.
Some of the other signs and symptoms that accompany knee pain are
- difficulty walking due to the instability of the knee,
- limping due to discomfort,
- difficulty walking up or down steps due to ligament damage,
- locking of the knee (unable to bend the knee),
- redness and swelling,
- inability to extend the knee, and
- shifting weight to the opposite knee and foot.